Great news for passengers! Iberia now has a new Premium Economy class cabin on board some of its longer flights! Offering more comfort and services to those willing to pay a little bit more but not as much as business class.
The new class is offered on Iberia’s A330-300 (21 seats in cabin) and A340-600 (23 seats in cabin) fleet, with its A350-900 (24 seats in cabin) aircraft quickly following suit.
What defines Iberia’s new brand Premium Economy class?
- Wider seats than regular Economy: 18.9 inches vs. 18.1 inches
- Bigger seat pitch, 20% more separation between seat rows: 37” vs. 31” regular Economy class
- 40% more reclining angle: 7” vs. 5”
- Adjustable head and foot rests
- Better entertainment system (same entertainment program as in the Business and Economy classes)
- Full HD 12” touch screens vs. 9” in Economy
- Noise-cancelling headphones (the same as in the Business class)
- Connection ports for personal electronic devices
- Exclusive service on board:
- Welcome drink
- Improved food service, table linen
- Toilet kit, pillow and blanket
- A Two-piece luggage allowance (vs. one in Economy), priority in check-in, boarding and disembarking the aircraft compared to regular Economy class passengers
- When flying Premium Economy Class, Iberia Plus members can: earn more rewards, exchange their rewards for flights in Premium Economy class, and even upgrade their flights from regular Economy class to Premium Economy Class with Avios
The Premium Economy Class is already available on board of Iberia flights to Boston, Chicago, Miami and New York in the US, as well as to Bogota, México City and Lima. Other routes will join shortly.